Thursday, March 22, 2012

A few weeks ago I did a number of posts on the 'old Hollywood icons' like Elizabeth Taylor, Marilyn Monroe & Ava Gardner, all known for their incredible beauty, style and amazing curves.  I don't think anyone in current times will ever be able to match up to any one of these timeless beauties, but I am going to do some posts on who I consider to be the Hollywood icons of today.  Now these are celebrities whom I think have the 'X' factor, so you may disagree, and if you do then please let me know and tell me who you think should be a part of this segment.  I will be choosing a different celebrity each day so please let me know your thoughts!

I am choosing women who I believe have beauty, curves and style!  Some of you may think I'm biased with my choices in picking women who have curves, but in my opinion these women look way better than the waif like celebs and models who look like they need to munch on a few burgers!!  So, to start off my 'new Hollywood icons' I'm going to start with the lovely Kate Winslet.  Kate is someone whom I think embodies everything I believe a woman should.  She is beautiful, curvy, dresses for her curves and to top it off is a lovely lady. If you've ever seen her being interviewed you'll see that she comes across as so down to earth and genuine and not at all like a diva!  Her acting isn't so bad either...some of my favorite movies have starred Kate, including The Reader, Revolutionary Road & Little Children (all movies for which she was also nominated for an Oscar). 

Kate's style has really evolved over the years.  She was thrust into the limelight after the huge success of the movie Titanic (now being released in 3D), and she was young and unprepared for the instant success.  She was criticized for her weight and fashion risks, but over the years she has settled into a sense of her own style and seems to be comfortable with her curves.  I think Kate is someone to look to for talent, personality, humility and style.

So take a look at some of Kate's famous looks and see how she embraces her curves and rocks some great figure hugging dresses!!


No comments:

Post a Comment