Tuesday, July 12, 2016

The right tee for you...

Today I want to talk about something that I'm pretty sure all of us wear on a regular basis - the T-shirt.  This is an American staple and something that is quick and easy to wear, affordable, and usually looks great with a pair of great fitting jeans.  However - as simple as you may think it might be to just throw on a tee, you'd be surprised when I tell you that a lot of people get it wrong!  Yes ladies, there IS a right way to wear a t-shirt!

This casual classic is perfect for daytime, a night out, or the weekend.  But there are different styles for your body, and you'd be surprised at the difference it makes just wearing the right style.  I know you're probably thinking, "great, another thing to think about when I thought I couldn't go wrong throwing on a simple t-shirt!"....am I right?  Well fear not, once you know which style best suits you, all you have to do is make sure you wear it and then you can forget about it!

Another thing I love to do is to dress up a plain white t-shirt.  You can transform simple tanks and tees with a statement necklace.  Stylish and so easy!

Here are my tips for choosing the right t-shirt...

V-Neck

  • Choose a wider V that plays up your collarbone.  While this cut works best on almost any figure, very deep, narrow V's can elongate your bustline and make it seem droopy (and trust me, I know you don't want that!).
Crew Neck
  • Stick to a tee that isn't too tight around the shoulders and arms - the fit along your top half should skim your body instead of clinging.
Scoop Neck
  • Look for a fit that's slouchy but not over-sized.  A boxy, stretched-out shape can make you appear bigger than you actually are.

No comments:

Post a Comment