Friday, July 15, 2016

Stressing about going sleeveless this summer? Worry no more!

I love the warm days of summer, I really do.  I don't like it to be too hot (especially if there's humidity to contend with as well), but I enjoy being able to wear light clothing, maxi dresses, sandals, and having a nice warm bronze tan.  I know it sounds cliched but when the weather is bright and sunny it makes me feel bright and sunny too.  There's only one downfall to these lovely, warm sunny days...sleeveless!  Wherever you go, however hard you try, most of the fashion options out there are sleeveless.  That's great if you're young and have nice, toned, slim arms, or even if you're older with nice, toned, slim arms!  But for the majority of women like me in their forties, the thought of wearing something sleeveless sends us into a panic!  I have had this conversation with many of my friends who also share my loathing of everything sleeveless, and trying to find something that will look right and still summery proves to be increasingly difficult.

Enter the shrug....the shrug is my summer season's best friend!  Of course I would love to be able to go sleeveless, but the reality is that I am way too self-conscious of my 'bat-wings' to be able to do so.  It just doesn't look attractive when you're wearing a great outfit, have all the right accessories, but your bare arms are flabby and jiggly!  So this is why, no matter how hot it gets, I always keep my arms covered.  I have shrugs to wear with a multitude of outfits, in a variety of colors, cuts & textures, and I am thankful that they have saved the day!

If I don't feel like wearing a shrug, then I wear a blazer or fitted jacket.  There are so many out there to choose from now for the summer months, in a number of lightweight fabrics, cuts and great colors, that there's really no need to stress about baring the arms anymore.  I know that many women stress about this part of their body, so I urge anyone who is stuck with what to wear with that lovely sleeveless maxi dress or shell top to stop fretting and start shopping for shrugs and jackets.  I promise you that it will look great and you will feel a million times more confident.

So check out some of these looks and start planning the rest of your summer without the panic of having to go sleeveless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment