Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Wimbledon fashions...

As some of you may or may not know,  I am a huge tennis fan, and every year I look forward to the Wimbledon  tournament.  It's the most prestigious of all the tennis tournaments and the one that all major tennis fans look forward to every year.

Apart from the wonderful tennis that is played at this tournament, I love the tradition that Wimbledon represents. I remember when I lived in London I would go to Wimbledon every year in my younger years, and I was lucky enough to see some of the greats play, including Jimmy Connors, Ilie Nastase, and Andre Agassi.  The tradition of eating strawberries & cream and drinking Pimms is a great one, and despite living in the USA now I always try to continue this tradition every year when I watch the matches.  For me, it's a little piece of nostalgia every year that I look forward to.

So today, in honor of this wonderful tournament, I want to celebrate the tennis fashions.  What the players wear has become a talking point over the years, and it's been interesting to witness the dramatic changes in styles worn and how daring & colorful some of the female players have been.  Personally, I'm a fan of the traditional white outfits, but times are a-changing! Now the fashions are a far cry from the buttoned-up looks of yester-year.....

So take a look at these tennis fashions and if you're a tennis player yourself, maybe you'll get some inspiration to jazz up your outfit on the court.

Enjoy a look at this look at the changing tennis fashions through the years...

No comments:

Post a Comment