Sunday, July 17, 2016

Summer nights...

Today I want to give you some ideas on what to wear for a summer night out.  Yes it's hot and humid, but that doesn't mean that you should forget about looking good ladies!  You can try these summer trends, look gorgeous and still stay cool!

I've talked before about shorts for the summer, whether it be cropped denim ones or brightly colored ones.  But this trend I love - dressy shorts!  They are an irresistible laid-back take on the mini, but with lace, pleating and sparkles they are totally hot and fun to wear!

 ''


Another trend this summer is the high-low skirt. I've been seeing this look everywhere, and done right it can look great!  Drapey midis and maxis are stylish and dramatic - try this look with a crisp top and heels or a longer tank and flats.




Now I know that we all want to have that golden glow in the summer.  It makes us look healthy and thinner so who wouldn't want that, right?  But please, please, please do NOT go to a tanning bed.  I used to do it and I regret it - trust me when I say you will regret it in years to come.  There are great alternatives out there to get that healthy glow, and I am loving the spray tans out there.  I get them whenever I have a special event or if I just want that extra glow, and it lasts about a week and looks very natural.  Another alternative that I love is self-tanning lotions.  There are so many to choose from out there that it can be overwhelming,  but I use Clarins and have done for years.  I use it on my face, it has protection and gives me a great color.  Now is also the time to use a great bronzer.  It's the best (and safest) alternative way to get a sun-kissed look.  But make sure you find the right shade and formula for you.

If your skin is fair....try a pink-tinted shade if you have cool undertones, or a peachy one if your skin is on the warmer side.

If your skin is medium...try earthy tones for a subtly tanned look, or a coppery-tinged shade for a more dramatic radiance.

If your skin is dark...try richer colors, like dark cocoa or deep golden brown to make your bronze-look natural yet noticeable.

So now you're ready for your summer night out ladies with one of my two trends and that sun-kissed skin!  Enjoy....

No comments:

Post a Comment