Saturday, July 16, 2016

Travel chic...

It's already mid July and vacation season is in full swing.  People are planning their annual trips to the beach with their families, or city breaks if like me you like to do things other than lay on a beach!  A lot of people have to fly to their destination, whether it be domestically or internationally, and I know that everyone wants to be comfortable on their short or long haul flight.  But - you can be comfortable and not travel in sweats people!  Every time I go to the airport I see people in their sweats, and as comfy as they may be, you're doing yourself no favors by wearing these.

I remember the days when travelling by air was a reason to get dolled up believe it or not!  But not anymore!  And I see no reason to get dolled up - but, you can look great when you travel if you put just a little effort into it!

So - cast aside those baggy, shapeless sweats and remain comfy but somewhat stylish by wearing a pair of leggings instead.  I love to wear leggings when travelling - they are comfortable like a second skin and never go out of style.  All you need to do is put a nice top on and maybe add a scarf with a pop of color, a pair of sandals or ballet flats and that's it!  Now really, is that too much effort?  The great thing about wearing leggings is that because they are fitted you can usually go with a big top if you like.  I always layer with a long cami then a big swing-top that covers a multitude of sins but is comfy & slimming!  Remember the rule ladies - fitted on the bottom half then you can go big on top and vice versa - but never big all over, unless you want to look a lot bigger than you are and I know you don't want that!

No need to put on a full face of makeup when travelling.  You can keep it light but still look effortlessly lovely with some tinted moisturizer, a bit of mascara and a light lip gloss!  Don't want to fuss with your hair?  Simple - put it in a high ponytail or side pony and still look fab!

If your destination is going to be chilly then throw a wrap in your carry-on that you can just put on when you arrive.  Or make double duty of your scarf and wear it as a wrap too!  If you don't like the idea of leggings there are lots of skinny jeans out there made from stretchy material that are just as comfy, and come in some great colors!

Make sure you take care of yourself while flying too.  Make sure you drink lots of water (try not to drink alcohol!), and spritz your face with a nourishing face spray to keep you hydrated and feeling fresh.  If you're on a long flight try to get up and walk or stretch your legs a little to rev up circulation.  I hate going on my long-haul flights to Europe and I have one coming up next month that I'm dreading!  I'm not afraid to fly but I get so bored and restless!  If like me you don't sleep well on flights make sure you take a good book to read, or some gossipy mags to keep you amused on your travels!

Wherever your headed have a fab time, be safe and stay healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment