Sunday, September 4, 2016

Some trends to try this Fall!

Over the next few day's I'm going to talk about some fresh ways to WOW!!  I will give you tips on how making some minor changes to your look will keep you looking great and on trend with the season's latest looks!  So go ahead and read on to learn how to WOW your way through fall...

1.  Color-block bright separates -  you know I'm a huge fan of color-blocking, but I love doing it with separates too.  What makes watermelon, one of the season's hottest colors, even punchier?  Pairing it with super-hot pink!  Or try going all blue with a turquoise tee and cobalt skinnies!



2.  Rev up lips with oxblood red - I wear red lipstick a lot!  I love the drama of it and the way it can completely change a look, so trade in your classic cherry pink lipstick for a burgundy shade.  If you have pale skin, choose a rouge color with cool, blue undertones; opt for a brown-based one if you have a deeper or olive complexion.



3.  Belt it - for a simple way to define your waist when you're wearing a voluminous skirt or flowy top, wrap a Japanese-inspired obi belt around your middle (I love these belts and wear them all the time!).  Let it stand out by keeping the rest of your accessories on the subtle side.



4.  Wrap a scarf under your blazer - the French have elaborate techniques for knotting a scarf, but I prefer this trend.  Loop a silky square or rectangle around your neck, and tuck it loosely into the lapels.  Or tie it high and let the tails hang down to show off a bold pattern.  I saw this a lot when I was recently in Paris and I loved it!



5.  Slick your hair to the side - I make a habit of slicking my hair back in the summer months because it's low maintenance as my hair is so curly.  But this new way of rocking this look super cute too.  Try parting your hair in a deep side part before patting on a product to seal in shine and eliminate flyaways.



No comments:

Post a Comment