Monday, September 26, 2016

Pins make a great accessory...

I'm so pleased that this latest item has become fashionable again, even though for me it never went out of style and is something I've always loved.  I love what is known over here as pins - or in my world - brooches.  I've worn them for years and have a great selection of them that I wear in various ways, and finally I've been seeing more of them around being worn in different and creative ways.

No longer seen as a frumpy, old-fashioned accessory that your grandma would wear, this item is now chic and stylish and can be worn in a number of ways if you don't like the more traditional way of wearing it.

I wear them in the more traditional way - that is - on a lapel jacket; or I add one to a scarf I'm wearing or a wrap to add a statement.  Sometimes I will wear one on the waist of a wrap dress to add some interest, and some people wear them on a headpiece.

Don't be afraid to experiment with brooches - you can try something small and delicate or big and sparkly - and be willing to experiment and be creative with them.  It's a great way to add something different to your look.

Take a look at some of the ways you can wear this fab accessory!


No comments:

Post a Comment