Friday, September 23, 2016

My three fashion/beauty DON'TS...

Today I'm going to talk about three of the things I think are super important to look good.  And also my pet peeves when it comes to fashion/beauty.  I've been holding back all this time, but today I'm going to cut loose and just say it!!!  :)


  • First on my list are eyebrows!  Yes ladies, I'm going to talk about eyebrows.  These are the most important feature on the face as they act as the frame of the face.  So when I see women with overplucked, unplucked or scraggly eyebrows I want to scream "no, no, no"!! Eyebrows should look natural and defined, and have a natural arch.  If you're unsure about how to do this, go to a professional to get them shaped and then maintain them yourself.  Fill in gaps with a brow pencil and extend the line with a defined arch.  Also brush the color out a bit as you go along so it looks more natural.  It really isn't that difficult and I promise you you'll look so much better.  


  • I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for my next pet peeve.....but I'm going to risk it anyway!!  I understand that people are into their sports and like to support their local teams.  I get that!  But is it really necessary to dress head to toe in said team's sports-gear?  Can't you just cheer and watch the games without wearing these godawful clothes?  Or if it's an absolute necessity to wear these things do it in a subtle way with a tee shirt that has the team's emblem on it or something like that?  I'm sorry folks, but these sports clothes just look tacky and tasteless so please put them away and support your teams some other way!  
  • The next thing that I want to mention is shoes.  I understand that comfort is of the utmost importance and if people have to walk a lot during the day then comfort is a priority.  But - wearing sneakers 99% of the time is not doing you any favors!  There are so many styles of flat shoes out there that can be comfortable and look good that there is no excuse for anyone to live in their sneakers!  Whether you choose a ballet pump, loafer or a flat sandal or boot, there is so much to choose from out there that why, oh why, would you choose to wear a sneaker?  Stop it right now!  PLEASE!

Take the time ladies to think about the message you're sending when you're out and about.  First impressions say a lot.  It's important to send the right message, especially if you're a career woman and want to be taken seriously.  We live in a world where first impressions are long-lasting and therefore set the tone with the right message.



No comments:

Post a Comment