Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Modern Velvet...

Velvet:  It's rich, it's sumptuous and unfortunately for many it's associated with their grandmother's drapes! Well guess what? Velvet is back with a vengeance, and I for one am more than happy about this! Though it comes and goes on the runways, velvet never really goes out of style.  I remember many years ago going to a very fancy event and wearing a gorgeous scarlet colored sweetheart neckline dress - I felt glamorous and sexy and received so many compliments.  I could totally wear that dress again today as it is timeless (unfortunately I wouldn't be able to fit into it anymore!), but my point is, velvet is one of those classic textures that never goes out of style.

Whether it's a girly fit-and-flare dress, a tailored vest, or a pair of ankle-length skinnies, let this year be the year you add velvet to your wardrobe.  You can make this fabric modern and chic very easily, so check out these inspiring velvet styles from the catwalk and starting adding velvet to your wardrobe now!


Royal Purple


Pink Lady


Cocktail Time


3-Piece


Burnout


Burnout


Burnout


Gatsby's Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment