Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Bustiers for every occasion...

One of my great loves (apart from my husband of course!) is.....the bustier.  I've been having a love affair with this item of clothing for many years now, and over the course of time I've racked up approximately 15 of them!  You could argue that I have a bit of a bustier addiction, but the truth is that I think this piece is one of my favorites because you can do so much with it.

Bustiers are (usually) boned, and therefore pretty structured, which in turn means that they will only enhance a woman's shape.  I've made no secret of the fact that I have curves, but my (many) bustiers emphasize those curves and accentuate the feminine shape (which is meant to be hourglass!).

A bustier can be worn with jeans for a casual look, or dress pants or a slinky skirt and heels for an evening look.  Add a great statement necklace and you're good to go! You can add a cropped jacket or shrug during the day for a more conservative look, and then take that off in the evening when you're meeting the girls for happy hour and want to have a sexier look.  So it's a great transition piece from day to evening, office to cocktails!

Another way to wear this piece is to don a white button down shirt underneath it!  This look has been done many times by various celebs and is a fave look of mine.  I usually wear my white shirt with a solid black bustier and add several strings of pearls to make a statement!  Versatility is key here with this piece!

If you're not a fan of the more structured bustiers, you can go for the more stretchy-type ones, or as I like to call them (boob tube type) ones.  These are super comfy and won't make you feel restricted.

Most of my bustiers are from White House Black Market, who always seem to have a great selection.  You can get both the structured ones as well as the more casual ones from there.  Take a look at some of the great designs they have in bustiers, and you can also look online to see what they have there.

Don't be afraid to try this look - I promise you you'll look and feel great!






No comments:

Post a Comment