Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Last week my dear friend Lorraine came to visit from London.  It was a wonderful week spending time with her and catching up on all our news and celebrating the Queen's Diamond Jubilee together!  Yes, we proudly waved our British flags and got into the spirit of things, but I drew the line at throwing a street party - I wasn't sure it would have gone down too well in the neighborhood!

While Lorraine was here she asked me if I would help her out with getting her summer wardrobe.  She was keen to buy some new looks and was open to trying a different color palette and stepped outside of her comfort zone with some of the things I suggested.  I was happy to oblige and we had a lot of fun putting together some new and different looks.  She primarily wanted casual summer clothing, but wanted some of the outfits to double up for work too.  We bought a few dresses in bright, vibrant colors that were easy to wear and comfortable, as well as some separates with cropped pants and light flowy tops so she could mix and match creating numerous outfits.  We added some great accessories with scarves and jewellry which finished off the looks. Lorraine also asked that we get one dressy outfit as she has a couple more formal events coming up this summer, so we chose a skirt and top in black with velvet cut-outs and beading.

Lorraine was kind enough to take a 'before' picture, which is never a pleasant thing to do, so a big thank you to her for doing that!  She was open to trying some looks that were not what she would normally try, but I gently persuaded her to give it a shot - and guess what?  She loved the results (big relief on my part!).

So take a peek at some of the looks we put together.  I think you'll all agree that she looks fabulous!






















1 comment:

  1. Thanks Andie - it was a great experience and so much fun! I've come back with a refreshed view on my wardrobe and happy to experiment with the colours you worked out for me.
    Can't wait to send you my updates... keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete